Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chocolate Mushroom Tutorial

I have tons of pictures to share of my daughter's 6th birthday - and tutorials on how I did them. The first I'm going to share is the chocolate mushrooms we had on top of the cupcakes. Not only were they super cute - they were pretty tasty too.

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I didn't do this 100% myself. I was helped by Chocorooms. Found here (Seattle area) at Diaso.

Once you have the mushroom cookies - it's super easy!

Materials:

Chocorooms
Red Sugar Crystals (or whatever color you want your mushrooms)
White Chocolate Chips

Step 1 - Melt some white chocolate chips - I did this in the microwave in a glass microwave safe bowl (Pyrex!). I did it for about 30 seconds, stirred it, and then another 20 or so.

Step 2 - quickly dip the mushroom into the melted chocolate to cover the cap (top of the mushroom). Do not swirl it around - dip it and pull it out. Otherwise, the chocolate mushroom will start melting.

Step 3 - Push the mushroom, cap side down, into the sugar crystals and leave it there until it hardens (a minute or two).

Step 4 - Put into a bowl or something and stick in the fridge to speed up the hardening process.

That's it! I noticed that Diaso also had little cones - so I am hoping to do this at Christmas for little trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP