Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fan Heart Shamrock Tutorial

I'm still hoping to get my other tutorials transferred over to the new blog. I figure I'll start with the St. Patty crafts. This one will still direct you to the old blog because I haven't transferred the heart tutorial yet.

This is a fun project to do with the Fan Heart Tutorial that I did last month. It's easy and fast and it would make great place holders at a dinner table or make lots of them for a centerpiece.

Materials (for clover only)

Green paper (I cut and 8.5 x 11 sheet into 4.25" x 3" pieces)
Popsicle sticks (I bought a package of colored ones at the dollar store)
Glue
Scissors

Step 1: Follow directions here for making the fan heart - make 4 (if you want a three leaf clover, you will probably need to make the hearts a little bit bigger)

Step 2: Fold the hearts in half (see picture below) and apply glue to the side of three of them.

Step 3: Stack all the three on top of each other with the glue-less one on top. I rubber band them together to hold them while they dry.

Step 4: Open it up and apply glue to the two outside ends. Put a Popsicle stick in the middle and hold closed for a minute until glue dries.



I used a small pot (found at the dollar store) and some dirt and stood it up. You can write a person's name on the stem of the shamrock or on the pot itself to use it as a place holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP