Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pretzel Shamrock Tutorial

Here's another one of my favorite tutorials from the old blog. I think I might have to make these tonight with the kids.

I came up with these as I was brainstorming some fun ideas for the kids to celebrate St. Patricks Day. I'll be honest... growing up, I had no idea what St. Patrick's Day was and all I cared about was making sure I was wearing green on March 17th. As long as the kids walk away with fun memories - that's all I can ask. We have read about leprechauns and talked about finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We have also talked about shamrocks and the significance of the three leaflets and why some think it to be a lucky charm. So this snack was a fun one to present to them. I did not do this with them as I wasn't looking for a chocolate and sprinkle covered kitchen - but the kids could easily help or even do this one on their own.

Materials:
Pretzels - the knots and the mini sticks (I bought mine at the dollar store)
White melting chocolate - I used CandiQuik because I had it left over from Christmas
Green sprinkles (or you could use food coloring and color the chocolate)

Step 1: Melt the chocolate (or in the case of CandiQuik - candy coating) as directed on the package. I do it in the microwave and it only takes a little over a minute. Stir it when it comes out of the microwave to evenly distribute the heat and to melt those parts that didn't melt.

Step 2: Dip three knot pretzels and one mini stick. I just did less the half the pretzel and the tip of the stick because I didn't want a huge mess. But you could dip the entire thing for a very yummy shamrock.

Step 3: Assemble them as shown in the picture with the stick in the middle making sure that as each pretzel is up against another.

Step 4: Cover with sprinkles and allow to dry (only takes 5-10 minutes depending on how much coating you have).

Super easy!

1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff :) And Candiquik coated pretzels are always a good snack!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP