Friday, February 25, 2011

Back in saddle again...

... I hope. I've gone through a long period of not feeling well, a perhaps bit of depression and just all together unproductiveness (yep, I just made up that word). It started with having all four of my molars pulled (not fun) and just spiraled from there.

But I'm back and I have tons to share. In that time I did my daughter's Rainbow birthday party, Valentines, lots of new items for my shops... and a few fun kids crafts.

Let's start with a new toy. For Christmas a good friend of mine gave me a Fabric Steam Press. She has a large one and was always telling me the time saver it would be for me. Especially since I hate ironing which I will put it off until absolutely necessary - which means it takes me long a long time to iron because projects have built up. And of course, I probably would have never bought it for myself.
So she's awesome! It's a Conair Fabric Steam Press. I read a few reviews... then decided to stop. It became evident that these reviewers were using this for something completely different than what I was going to use it for.
The reviews biggest complaint was it's size. Yep, it's small. Which is perfect for me since I currently lack space in my work area. Perhaps when I get more organized... and find more space, I can invest in a full size one, but really, the small one is all I need.

As you can see, it fits my items well. The surface is about the size of two irons give or take. I think my only complaint would be that it takes a while to heat up... but then again, I didn't really know what I was doing. It could have just been the setting I chose. I'll be playing around with it more.

I'm excited to see if this speeds up my production any. I often will let ironing (like the project above) sit for days... weeks even just because I don't want to pull out the iron and ironing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP